If you already facilitate dialogues with groups of people but have had no formal training, this course is for you. We cover the theory and principles of engagement and combine this with a chance for you to practice. This balance gives you the confidence that you are doing it right.
By the end of this 1-day course you will be able to:
• Use three facilitation styles – and know your preferred style
• Apply six key techniques for better facilitation
• Use a range of listening and questioning techniques
• Effectively capture discussions using a wall record
• Begin to handle group dynamics and power imbalances
• Describe and apply strategies for dealing with difficult behaviour in contentious situations
• Appreciate the key factors for designing successful events
• Appreciate why and how to use participative evaluation
If needed, a follow-up mentoring session can be arranged to help you focus on any individual needs and could be a dry-run of a workshop you are planning or a chance to explore a specific aspect of your facilitation in detail.