Industrial Claims

Industrial claims is a loose term that covers many different types of personal injury claims that can be filed. Some of these claims include:

  • Industrial accident claims.
  • Industrial disease claims.
  • Industrial injury claims.
  • Asbestosis compensation claims.
  • Asbestos compensation claims.
  • Noise induced hearing loss claims.

There are many different types of industry throughout the United Kingdom, and each of these types of industry has their own unique risk factors associated with them. Industrial claims cover all of the many industries, and the many possible injuries that employees of those industries may suffer.

Starting an industrial claim

Before you can start an industrial claim you must decide at what time you were exposed to a dangerous material, or procedure, that caused your injuries. The United Kingdom allows people three years from the time that they realised that their injuries were caused by something they did in a work environment.

The three year limitation applies so that people who have no idea that they were damaged by things they breathed in while they were working can file claims if they discover they have medical conditions caused by things like asbestos.

To begin your industrial claims you must decide when the exposure took place, and where you were working at the time. Sometimes more than one employer is held accountable for an injury. If you worked for a company that sub-contracted out their services then the company you worked for might not be the one held accountable, it might be that the company that hired their services that are held accountable. A good solicitor will help you determine who to hold responsible for your industrial claim.

Consult with a Solicitor

Even if you are not one hundred percent sure of who is to blame for your industrial injury claim the best place to start is with a solicitor. A solicitors consultation for personal injury claims is generally free of charge. You meet with the solicitor and explain to them what injuries and illnesses you are facing, and why you think they are the result of something you did, or were exposed to at work.

A solicitor has the proper knowledge to know what injuries qualify under the industrial claims laws, what types of compensation those injuries might qualify you for, and what evidence you will need in order to prove those injuries exist, and the extent of those injuries.

Evidence you might need to prove industrial claims

Before your solicitor will be able to decide your chances of winning a claim, or before they can proceed with filing industrial claims on your behalf you will need to provide the following information:

  • Your name, age, birth date, and contact information.
  • What position you held for the company in question.
  • The date of the incident.
  • The details of the incident.
  • The witnesses.
  • The name and contact information for the witnesses.
  • The names and contact information of the company representatives, your immediate supervisor, and any company liaisons.
  • Your medical records showing your condition and the probable causes of that condition.

How much compensation you can expect for industrial claims

Industrial claims cover such a wide range of illnesses, injuries, and even death, that the amount of compensation varies drastically. Your solicitor can petition for you to receive a lump payment all at one time, and they can also petition for you to receive yearly payments. They can make sure that the person responsible for your industrial claim pays for any future medical costs, or future pain and suffering you may have due to the incident in question.

Does the injured party have to be the one to make the claim?

In some instances the person that was injured and who qualifies for an industrial claim dies before they get to file a claim for their injuries. In these cases the family members of that person can file the claim on the behalf of the deceased and their estate. In many of these cases the deceased person leaves behind a wife and children that can be compensated for their loss.

If the injured party is still alive, but is so ill they cannot travel, a solicitor will usually travel to their location and see them so they can file industrial claims.